When/Why Do I Need a Tax Attorney?

Tax attorneys have advanced training in tax law. Most will have a master of laws (LL.M.) degree in taxation. Some tax attorneys also have a background in accounting and fewer of those hold a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation. At Miller, Butler, Schneider, Pawlik, & Rozzell, PLLC, Steve Butler has a CPA designation. You definitely need a tax attorney if:

  • You are starting a business and need legal counsel about the structure and tax treatment of your company.
  • You intend to file a case before the US Tax Court.
  • You are under criminal investigation by the IRS.
  • You have committed tax fraud (such as claiming false deductions and credits) and need the protection of attorney-client privilege.
  • You need to make complex estate and estate tax planning strategies.

Contact Miller, Butler, Schneider, Pawlik, & Rozzell, PLLC, Today!

Leave a Reply