John Erik Baureis is a lifelong resident of Arkansas. He was born and raised in Jonesboro and then attended the University of Arkansas where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in both Communication and Philosophy. He furthered his education in Fayetteville, earning a Juris Doctor in 2005.
After being admitted to the Arkansas Bar in 2005, John began working as an Assistant Attorney General in Little Rock and as a Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney throughout Arkansas. He has prosecuted and settled numerous instances of abuse and neglect in nursing homes throughout Arkansas. He assisted in drafting new legislation for the Arkansas Abuse of Adults Act in 2006 and served on the Attorney General’s Legislative Team monitoring the Public Health Committee in 2007.
In 2010, John moved back to Northwest Arkansas. Having a passion for serving the underprivileged, John began serving part-time as a Northwest Arkansas Conflicts Attorney for the Arkansas Public Defender Commission. In this role, John handled hundreds of felony matters in various counties throughout Arkansas, gaining valuable experience for successfully defending clients.
John works in the firm’s Fayetteville office, on the square, and focuses his practice in the areas of criminal defense and immigration. When John is not fighting for his clients, he enjoys anything razorback, golf and deer season.
- United States District Court, Arkansas (Eastern & Western Division)
- All Courts in Arkansas
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Juris Doctor, 2005
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, 2002
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas Bachelor of Arts in Communications, 2002
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Benton County Bar Association
- Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2015
Assistant Email: Lyndsey@theartistevolution.com.
Areas of Practice:
Learn more about associate attorney John Baureis in his interview on Inside Look At Legal here:
8.5John Erik Baureis